We work with you and your garden to create a gorgeous sanctuary for you and for wildlife. We help you connect with your garden and enjoy its unique beauty throughout the year.
We do this by:
- learning how we can best help you and tailor our service for you. You may want to look after part of the garden yourself, such as the vege patch.
- getting to know your garden – the soil type, wind, sun/shade, the plants, the weeds, and more. We use what’s there, such as propagating existing plants to keep your costs down.
You benefit from our lifelong learning philosophy. We soak up gardening knowledge, and share what we learn. From ideas for plants in a problem area, to the fastest way to weed a tricky area, or how to plant on a bank with minimal disturbance to the soil.
How we operate:
- communicate with you - by email, on site, with photos, by preparing reader friendly information.
- get to know your garden and what you want from it. We bring out the hidden gems.
- have the tools – hand tools, petrol hedge trimmer/pole pruner/weed eater, a small chainsaw, a van to cart it all around and take away green waste
- use organic or Biogrow products, where possible – ideally produced in Aotearoa. Eg Ocean Organics fertilisers, Enspray 99 pesticide.
- make it happen - from planning, sourcing plants, straight weeding or full garden care.
- email you suggestions, observations and advise what we’ve done and what could be done next visit.
- only charge for time on your job. If agreed, some time may be researching or preparing info on suggested plants etc.
- tend your garden with a kaitiaki approach. Eg We like to sow pollinator seeds and to plant food for our wildlife.
Your job is to relax and enjoy your garden. We'll take care of the rest.